Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Taipei

Taipei - My 4th city in 3 months. Was not as excited about going there this time round because I was really stressed out with the presentation that I was going to give to the executives and shop supervisors there. The biggest problem I have is My mandarin. My chinese sucks big time and it had gotten worse over the years! Shucks. I am really glad my ah lao is super well-versed in our mother tongue. Thank god for that! So he helped me alot for the presentation but I think he can't help me with is my nervousness. Hahaha....
Whenever there is a presentation, no matter how much I had prepared and how many times I had done it, my mind will go blank at that instant and then *poof!* everything just disappeared! So I started talking rubbish. Even I couldn't understand myself! Don't think the promoters will know what I was trying to convey! Chams!!!! Hahaha... I think my boss still shakes his head whenever I try to explain our brand philosophy in mandarin.
Sorry Boo.... I have failed you....... Hahahaha....
So besides the presentation on last tuesday. Most of the time were spent travelling from 1 mall to the other. If not will be the lavish dinners we had every night. No pictures of the delicious taiwanese food we had cos I thought it was quite rude to start snapping pics when we are sitting with the important people at dinner. No Shihlin trip for us also. Really didn't felt like going to any night market this time round. I think most of the time we were too full and tired also.
But I would very much loved to go back to Taipei also. It will be great if I can go to 1 of the major concert party thingie like they also hold for NYEs or something!
One of the famous Taiwanese 小吃 - 蛋仔面!
The soup has a clear meaty sweet taste with bit of crunchy garlic in it.
Very delicious.

Visiting one of the outlets and it was raining!

My collections in the window!

View of our hotel from the lobby lounge where we had our breakfast.

I LOVE MISTER DONUT!
Yay! Taiwan also have!

My afternoon snack! Hot Red milk tea + mini donuts.
Guess what they call these 6 minis?
六小福! So cute hor!

Angie and Wenn enjoying their donuts!

Vivienne! Our Taiwanese MD?
Very very nice lady!

Mitsukoshi or 新光三越 at Taipei 101.

Nice oriental mouseys!
Our usual dinner set up.


My collection was featured in the Taiwan newspaper!

Whole paper on lingerie!

My 1st time trying this!
鱿鱼羹!

See how fine the mi fen is!

Big generous pieces of squid!

Other small side dishes Vivienne ordered for us!

I love the way they display the donuts at Mister Donut!
Everything look so good!


Presenting.....

One of my favourite food from Taiwan!
It's called 包心粉圆冰
And this particular one I'm having is 综合豆花 flavour.


There is a method to eat this iced version

1. Pour the desired amount of 粉圆 over the ice.
2. Do not stir as it will affect the taste of the 粉圆.
3. Eat the 粉圆 as soon as possible and Taste the Q-ness!
(Although the staff strongly recommend the hot version but I ate the iced version as it was really hot that day!)
The bowl on the left contains soybean curd at the bottom with 2 scoops of ice on top,the "mix nuts" mini platter is on the top right corner and the 包心粉圆("pearls" with fillings)is on the bottom right corner.

A closer look at the 粉圆.
You've got to try this dessert when you go Taiwan.
And you must go to this shop at 西门町and must only eat this shop
one - 罗东夜市的包心粉圆冰!
I first had it 2 years ago at the other famous night market at 隢河!
It's so yummy!


All ready to enjoy my 粉圆s!
What a satisfying feeling!!!

See what I am lugging home!

My favourite!!! Pon de Rings x 10!!!

Love the colours!

0 comments: