Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas?

This year's Christmas is different from most years. Although for the past few years, I have not been feeling the festive mood but this year is the worse.... Something happened at home which I don't think I'm comfortable sharing online. What's happening has killed whatever tiny little festive mood I had left.
And I realised that this year's SMS greetings have dropped tremendously. From a hundred over to a mere 12 SMSes this year. It seems everyone's really not in the mood. Or is it only my friends? Orchard Road is still as crowded as ever. Christmas lights are slightly more elaborate this year (I feel lights reflect how well/bad or economy is). Alot of people seems to be in a joyous mood. Not for me. Not for Boo (was sulking the whole night on Christmas eve - right until I surprised him with a pressie).

Nevertheless, I still spent quality time searching high and low for pressies for my Sistas. This year is a meaningful year as it was also our 10th anniversary and also 2 "喜事" in the group. Ice is going to be a mama and LayC is getting married next year. Therefore, my pressies for them is extra special. It might not be what they want but I hope they will find it useful!

The pressies!

I still can't reveal what the pressies are because we are celebrating tonight. We are going to have our annual Christmas dinner at House. As always, we always discuss months before where to have our dinner but we will only come to a conclusion at the last minute cos no one wanna confirm or decide! Haha... House's environment will be good for us to eat, chat and exchange our pressies!
Talking about pressies... I think I spent more then 12 hours wrapping and decorating all the Sistas's pressies! I bought pearlised white paper from Fancy Papers and did a simple design on Illustrator. This year theme for my wrapping is Black & White. Went around getting stuff to decorate.... Here's the list.


Designing the tags!


All wrapped up - w/o the tags yet!

Making the tags halfway.

Wrapper - A3 pearlised paper from Fancy Papers,

printed with monogram and swirly patterns.

Ribbons - wholesale ribbon shop at Arab street.

Boxes - different sizes from Concourse.

Tags - Baubles-shaped tags made from felt from Art Friend
at Bras Brasah.


In total I think I spent more then 12 hours wrapping and decorating the pressies - all hoping my sistas will love it!

3 comments:

suicidalpixie said...

are u kiddin? 'HOPPING MY SISTAS WILL LOVE IT!"
we love it to BITS!!!!!! u damn effort!!!! love it sista...
happie happie happie 10 years anniversary!!!!! thank you for being there for me all these years.... MUACKS
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxox

suicidalpixie said...

are u kiddin? 'HOPPING MY SISTAS WILL LOVE IT!"
we love it to BITS!!!!!! u damn effort!!!! love it sista...
happie happie happie 10 years anniversary!!!!! thank you for being there for me all these years.... MUACKS
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxox

Anonymous said...

Thank you sista for your lovely pressie! I must say it's a really thoughtful book and I'm already refering to it! I'm really glad that we have all came a long way and it's still going on strong!! Love ya & sistas forever!