Pages

Monday, September 17, 2007

My Sis is back for holiday!


Essly is back! It's been 2 years since she last visited us. This time round she had plan to visit Siem Reap as well. Originally, my da ge and I wanted to accompany her but it turn out that the flights to Siem Reap are kind of limited and so are my leaves after I went to America. Plus I am super duper broke! Sian!!! So I had to disappoint her but the good thing is her friend, Paul, is ok to go with her. But still... I feel kinda bad not making this trip for her! :(

Essly came back on Saturday night and yesterday, I brought her to Sungei Road with Ronn to eat the famous laksa! We asked Paul to join us before he fly back to LA.

I warned Paul about the taste of cockles before he started eating and I must tell you... this ang moh is damn adventurous with food. He looked at the almost raw cockles for 2 secs and popped it in his mouth and started chewing and he said it was not too bad! I heard from Essly that he wanted to try durian and he really did had some in Siem Reap. He told me that was the WORST thing that he had ever put in his mouth in his entire life. WAHAHA!!! But he was brave enough not to spit it out!

Essly and Paul at the Indian temple!
P.S.: Paul is the same age as me!!!

After laksa, we went to Waterloo street to search for buddha statues - my sis's favourite! And we showed Paul, the Guan Yin temple (which is packed with devotees) and the Indian temple next to it. Walked through Bugis Village a little bit before Paul says he wanted to head back to his hotel. So me and my sis walked him back to Oriental Hotel and went to shop at Marina Square! Ronn had already escaped halfway thru to Funan.

Wanted to go for dinner with me mama and Richmond at Geylang so Essly could get some durians but Richmond didn't want to drive so we made them go to Suntec to eat at Soup Restaurant!

We had a great time riding the SMRT's 7-seater MVP taxi ($8 for current booking) and we end our night watching 300!


*****************************************************
Photos time!

Tea Time at Xin Wang MS

Essly couldn't believed her eyes when she saw these 2 huge French Toast!

Both of them still couldn't believe the size of the toast and the fact that I made them ordered 2! Not my fault leh... I thought they were hungry!!!

Ronn says:" Eh! Very Big leh! You cheat Us!"



Dinner at Soup Restaurant, Suntec



Essly and Richmond



Cool picture of mama!

Me and mama!

They are famous for their Samsui Chicken - Very, Very nice lei!

Minced pork with Salted fish - not too bad

It's ALOT of food I'm telling you...........

Very Full people!

Something's really distracting at the back!

GOOD photography

VS

BAD photography!!!

Guess the Culprit!

1 comments:

~justin~ said...

wah nv see ur sis b4....

the bad photo can cropp mah...photoshopp shopp u know...lol